College Program Adventure Activities
For young adults ages 18-25 who want to lose weight without the academic component of the College Program, we offer the College Program Adventure Track. Participants focus on weight loss and learn healthy living skills while enjoying the incredible outdoor adventure options available to our campuses.
Students with or without outdoor adventure experience are welcome to join in on our Adventure activities. Our staff are specially trained to work with individuals who are not familiar with outdoor adventure activities, as well as those who have not been physically active in a while. Many of our students learn skills and participate in activities that they never imagined they were capable of—like rock climbing, or hiking in Yosemite National Park or Sequoia National Park. It's an incredible opportunity to build confidence and make lasting behavioral changes—all while losing weight and having a great time with new friends.
Time will be split between exciting off-campus adventures and on-campus workouts and activities. Off-campus you will explore some of the region's most exciting scenic areas through day trips and longer overnight trips.
- Yosemite Fitness (rock climbing gym)
- Canoeing on Shaver Lake
- Fresno Zoo
- Underground Gardens
- Skiing/snow boarding China Peak
- McDermont Field House
- Woodward Park in Fresno
- Rails and Trails Reedley CA
- Reedley Beach (sandy area near Kings river)
- Biking around Reedley
Adventure Track students also take part in longer overnight trips, such as:
- Santa Cruz: Camping, hiking and elephant seal tour
- San Francisco: Walking tour of Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco Botanical Gardens, Fisherman’s Wharf
- Sequoia National Park: Educational tour of Crystal Cave, hiking to Hanging Rock, Buck Rock Lookout Tower, Moro Rock, and Giant Forest
- Henry Cowell State Park: Hiking the Pacific Redwoods, walking on the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, visit to the Monterrey Aquarium, volleyball and Ultimate Frisbee on the beach
- Kirk Creek/Big Sur: Bay kayaking and hiking
To see what you can expect from a typical day in the College program, visit: Wellspring College Program Typical Day.
Enrollment is available right now. Contact Admissions at 866.277.0221 for more information.